- Teachers registering students for MMTA programs must be MMTA members in good standing, or must pay an additional non-member entry fee.
- All registrations must be mailed and postmarked or hand-delivered with payment by the deadline for that event to:
MMTA Office, 10800 Lyndale Ave S, Ste. 263, Bloomington, MN 55420
Deadlines are strictly observed.
Registration is also available online for the State Piano Contest; Sightplaying Exams and Theory Exams; Ensemble Festival; and MMTA Convention. Deadlines for online registration are the same as postmark deadlines.
- Fees for participation in a program must be paid by the teacher. MMTA will accept Visa or MasterCard, or a single check drawn from the teacher's bank account. Checks will not be accepted from students or parents.
- An application/registration may not be withdrawn or changed after it has been received.
- Schedule requests for general AM or PM times will be honored as time allows. Only those requests submitted at the time of registration will be considered.
- Requests for schedule changes may be granted at the discretion of the Site Administrator. A surcharge of $5 for Exams and $10 for Contests must be paid to MMTA before the student may participate.
- Communication regarding any student program must be between the teacher and the Site Administrator or Program Director. It is inappropriate for a student or parent to contact MMTA program personnel and will result in the student's disqualification.
- Decisions of the adjudicators are final.
- There will be no refunds of fees in the event of non-participation.
- Teachers registering students for any MMTA program will be expected to assist in some manner or send a studio representative to assist as needed.
- MMTA expects all entrants to abide by copyright law.
- MMTA welcomes the opportunity to adapt its programs for students with special needs. Please contact the Program Director and/or Site Administrator.
Failure to comply with these rules and procedures may result in disqualification.