2019 MMTA Convention: Collegiate Poster Sessions
Minnesota Music Teachers Association is seeking digital poster proposals from college student members to present at the MMTA State Convention during the noon hour on Monday, June 10. Presenters are encouraged to continue to display their poster for the duration of the convention.
MMTA invites proposals that:
- Reflect innovation and cutting-edge content related to music pedagogy and/or performance
- Stimulate and provoke audience discussion
- Include multimedia approaches to enhance learning
- Explore pedagogical and performance issues important to all levels
Highlighted topics may include:
- Current technology trends in music performance and/or pedagogy
- Musicians as entrepreneurs
- Current state of scholarship in the music teaching
- International music pedagogy
- Historical performance and pedagogy
Poster Sessions should showcase student research, projects, community outreach and/or engagement. All posters should include all pertinent information in a manner that is visible from 3–4 feet away. Presenters applying for a Poster Session must additionally submit a computer-generated sample in PDF or JPEG format. Group or Individual submissions are permitted.
Poster Session Submissions must include:
- 250-word abstract
- A computer-generated sample in PDF or JPEG format
- Presenter’s name(s), college/university, phone, and email contact information.
Submit above information to MMTA no later than April 1, 2019. Accepted proposals will be notified by Monday, April 15, 2019. Those presenting their posters at the MMTA State Convention must register to attend the convention on the day of the presentation, which is $15 for a one-day student registration, and $25 for two days of the 2019 convention.